Things You Need to Know
I will do my best to create the best item for you but, there are always little (or big hiccups). I want to be honest and as fair as possible for you and for my business.
for any additional issues that is not listed below, please contact me at
1. Personalized items cannot be returned for refund or exchange.
2. If there are any changes that needs to be made to the custom order, please contact me within 24 hours. After 24 hours, changes cannot be made.
3. For any non-personalized items: If you are not satisfied with your item, will issue full refund, minus shipping costs, once the product has been returned in original condition. Customer will pay for shipping to return item to Striped Olive. If the item returned has been
damaged, - ripped seams, stains on doll, etc. customer will receive 50% refund. i.e. $50 (custom doll) + $5 shipping + $4.13 tax = $59.12. I received doll that’s been damaged, customer will receive $27.06 (price -shipping)
4. If you receive the custom order that’s been damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receipt.
5. Non-delivered items - if the item never arrives, or the package has been stolen, pls contact me within 24 hours:
In person purchase
1. Fill out the doll order form and review
2. Any changes to the doll must be made within 24 hours.
3. If the doll is based on your instruction (doll order form) and you’re not satisfied and want a re-do, please place another order for another doll. Personalized items cannot be sold
4. Small repair within 5 days - broken stitches at hem/seam.
5. Any additional repairs
+Torn seams/hems $
+Adding more doll stuffing $10
+Changing hair style $25
6. If personalized doll is made exactly as per doll order form and you are not satisfied, please head to the website and place a new order.
HOW IT ALL STARTED...
Unique & one of a kind
I moved to New York to find a job in the fashion industry. I wanted to make it big. I wanted to work for a big designer brand, like DVF or Marc Jacobs. 10 years of working in this industry, I became a mom and my priorities changed. I wanted to be home with my kid as much as possible. Soon after, Striped Olive was born.
Striped Olive was born when my son was just 6 months old. While he was wearing a STRIPED onesie bumping into whatever he can in his OLIVE printed walker, I learned about Etsy through a friend.
My Etsy site was created. My site was filled with most random set of things I made - "will you be my bridesmaid" cards, knitted scarf, baby blanket,
Thankfully, all three sold.
For 10 years, I made clothes, knitted hats and scarves, did graphics for cards, hand embroidered pillows...it was fun to make, but there was no real passion behind it.
For 10 years, I tried to find a way to run my own business full time. After a full day of work, commuting home, after dinner, cleaning, homework, etc., I spent 1-2 hours, sometimes past midnight designing and sewing. While I loved it, there was something missing.
Then, one night, before going to bed, I saw my friend's instagram post. She's been searching for a doll that was cute and looked asian. She was frustrated - not a single cute Asian doll. And far too many dolls with extremely slanted eyes. So, I started looking online on how to make a doll. I don't even know why I thought to research it. After multiple trial and error, with a help of a woman in Texas, I created my first doll. She's half white, half Korean, she has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Since then, I have created dolls of various ethnicity and race, dolls with freckles and glasses, dolls with autism, dolls with birthmarks, dolls with g-tube, dolls with missing limb, dolls for adopted girls, dolls with albinism. All these are posted on my instagram. Be sure to check out my instagram @stripedolive